Ambitious. Sophisticated. Bold
“Be Your Best Self”
9th-12th Grade Young Ladies
Throughout elementary school and even up until high school, I did not have the greatest self-esteem or self-confidence and while it appeared outwardly that I did have confidence and high self-esteem, I really did not. Most of the time I was teased and bullied. However, I was able to champion adversities and become the best version of myself as I continue to grow and evolve. It is critical that young ladies are able to navigate through adversities into their purpose through self-image, self-awareness, self-expression, self-acceptance, and self-esteem. It’s important that we recognize this in our young ladies through acts of mentorship. Even if you don’t have a daughter, someone’s daughter looks up to you. So let’s make the greatest impact that we can.
This contest is designed for girls who are currently enrolled in high school grades 9th-12th in the State of Louisiana. The Theme for this year’s contest is “Be Your Best Self.” Students are asked to submit a creative work which can be a short story, poem, drawing, or painting, etc., exemplifying this year’s theme of “Be Your Best Self.” What does being your absolute best self mean to you? The selected winners will receive a school stipend and virtual lunch with Attorney SouthernBelle.
So what are the rules? See Below.
Be Your Best Self Contest Rules
- Contestants must be in grades 9th -12th.
- Contestants must attend school in the State of Louisiana.
- Contestants are required to submit a short biography along with their creative work.
- The deadline for entering the contest will be on October 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM (CST).
- All submissions must be submitted via the form below.
- Winners will be announced on October 22, 2021.